Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen
MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 18
Hi lads, I don't wish an ill doing towards the seller but I came across this 2 on donedeal that looks very similar to Kealan's stolen one 4 months ago.

Apologies to the seller if he's a member - i mean no disrespect, but we have to stick together when a 2 gets stolen and i'm just looking out for the guy.

cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2412409
disco72
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 102
Change of lights, wheels and spoiler. Reg check coming up unknown model or type Toyota. Worth a viewing I would say well spotted
smurfster
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 62
That mr2 is for sale in Bandon, about 20 mins from Cork City. It's for sale in a big used car centre. I passed it recently and tried to go in for a look but the place was closed. Certainly it is very similar to the one that was stolen a while back - deffo worth checking out. I don't live near Bandon myself but I am in Cork so if I can help any way let me know.
corkmr2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 21
fair play disco for saying it, if there's doubt, the add is suspect with no detail and the jdm decals are rare, this is why i love mr2.ie
tuborgman
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40

Re: MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 154
Thats a great spot Dave fair play for sticking it up here.
It'd be great if that was his car and he got it back, fingers crossed for him.
Also for handiness Im going to post the link of the original thread here.

www.mr2.ie/mr2-forum/7-news-and-announce...stolen-mr2-need-help

Dave you have been KC'd!
Infamous
Petrol Head <(+_+)>
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/08/07 13:59 By Infamous.

Re: MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 154
I was also just wondering what way re-registering a car works in the south, can you just just change the county the vehicle is registered in order to obtain a new reg on the car?
Infamous
Petrol Head <(+_+)>
Addict
graphgraph

Re: MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
They to look very similar, apart from the front indicators and the rear wing. Also the insurance disc holders are different the one from the stolen MR is yellow and the one on DD is from southside automotive which have gone out of business a good while as far as I know!

@infamous as far as im aware once the car is registered in the state it cannot be changed so it'll have the same plates till its date with the crusher.
oel159

^Thats what I was thinking though I wasn't 100% sure on it.
Infamous
Petrol Head <(+_+)>
Addict
graphgraph

Re: MR2 tbar for sale similar to Kealan's stolen 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 148
That's if the reg is changed legally of course. There is also the possibility that the reg and or the VIN number was swapped out with a write off of similar description that was also white. Baring in mind that someone mentioned that this car is only coming up as a Toyota. Not even an MR2, never mind Turbo or G-Limited etc. Pretty vague but again, not all that uncommon either. Sometimes the VRT people are lazy with details. dshamrocks last MKII was totally above board but I think I remember him saying that it was only a white Toyota on the log book, so this does not necessarily condemn anybody straight out.

Anything is possible so I agree that it would be a good idea for Kealy to view the car and see if he recognises anything else about it, maybe under the bonnet or in the interior and check VIN the number etc. At least if this car is ok, well, he knows and can move on.
SWAGGER
MK2-REV3-T-Bar-Turbo
Addict
graphgraph
LOVE YOUR 2!

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Go to topPage: 1