Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Build Cars that "Make People Happy"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Build Cars that "Make People Happy"
Build Cars that "Make People Happy" 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 314
Interesting article here:
carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/11/toyota-ceo...pany-must-build.html

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG

Earlier this year, young people offered a job at Toyota were invited to the Japanese company’s test track. As they waited to be introduced to the firm's race drivers, a lone Lexus LFA drove around the track, mesmerizing them with the howling screams of its V10 engine.

No one knew who the man behind the wheel was. Only after he stepped out and formally introduced himself did they learn that it was the company’s CEO, Akio Toyoda. “I asked them if they like cars”, said Toyoda. “If they didn’t, they shouldn’t bother joining.”

I like what I am reading, however I would also like if Toyota would also make cars that people can afford and appreciate.

my 2cents

Good article though.
Quandry
Retro throwback
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
MR2 Drivers
If you're suffering from lag, you're either in the wrong gear or the wrong car!

How to post pics!
Click for mk2 BGB
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Build Cars that "Make People Happy" 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 154
Nice read, Toyoda's comments do sound really promising, though it may be just a lot of talk.
I will be watching Toyota closely after the release of the FT-86, IMO depending on how well that does will determine if we are to get any more sports cars from Toyota, maybe even a new MR2!

KC for linkage Quandry.
Infamous
Petrol Head <(+_+)>
Addict
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/11/10 11:29 By Infamous.

Re: Build Cars that "Make People Happy" 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 33
I'd like to see a Lexus Mr2... Lexus was produced to compete with merc, bmw etc?
To have a massive choice of extras like body kits, engine choice, Alloys, reverse cam, sat nav etc. And a price tag that you dont have to sell your granny. Maybe a special edition.
Chas
Naturally asperated cruiser
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male charlierutledge4@gmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 12/08

Re: Build Cars that "Make People Happy" 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 23
The Mr2
The Supra
The Levin
The Starlet Turbo
The Sourer
The Celica

Wheres has Toyota imaginatino gone for truly great awe inspiring cars,
there legacy is in these few magnificent cars that really stood for performance reliability and style , each one was a beauty to drive and pushed the envelope ,
A 3.0 twin turbo supra, it was like something out of a comic book that much engine in a car,

the MR2 mid engined 2 seater sports car, the only other people who where doin that at that time where Ferrari , not even Honda did it , came close with the CRX , but Toyta made bullet proof cars and of late have gone all 1980s on them making them for families and for gas sippers and low tax and emissions, but what about true car enthusiasts, true petrol heads they have forgotten where there great name sake developed
Neboboy
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1