Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

comments people make about mr2's
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: comments people make about mr2's
comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 13
my car looks and feels great now. I was exiting my car tonight when a neighbour commented "that is a fantastic looking car".
At lights one day a young one shouted in, is that a ferrari.
just wondering has anyone had comments made about their mr2. The best one was when I had it in for nct two months ago and the test guy said it was a museum on wheels ha.
dwdave
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
epic man
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 284
I went down to the local corner shop, When I came out there was a Jeep with about 4 or 5 little kids in it, when i getting back into my car the kids were shouting out the window, "You're so lucky to have a car like that", As i was driving home i was thinking "yep i sure am"
dshamrock2000
graphgraph

Re: comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 94
Mine gets a mixed response.

People in work don't understand why I don't get a "good car....... you know like a brand new tdi golf"

A work friend called it " a drug dealers car, because drug dealers drive cars that are past their prime"

Girlfriend doesn't like the money that's spent on it, but likes to be taken places in it and she says that " you should just get a wee clio"

Got the thumbs up from a kid who was about 8 one day who was with his dad, his dad looked a bit jealous of the attention the mr2 was getting.
Harper
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
Its nice driving down the motorway when cars pass you and people are plastered to the window trying to see who is driving. Kids are the best, jumping from the side window to the back with their jaws hanging down. I always give a fellow MR2 driver the nod or a wave, thats cool also, its like yea! thats a nice motor.
Chas
Naturally asperated cruiser
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male charlierutledge4@gmail.com Location: Dublin Birthday: 12/08

Re: comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 32
i was at a wedding yesterday and i got loads of comments on how nice the car was it felt kinda cool!
spurs mr2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 140
When I bought my MR2 in 1999 my cousin paid it a nice compliment saying "That's a nice fanny magnet you have".
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph

Re: comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 62
Marty J wrote:
When I bought my MR2 in 1999 my cousin paid it a nice compliment saying "That's a nice fanny magnet you have".

haha v good

Yeah it's funny on the rare occasion I see another MR2 on the road I always find myself thinking, 'that's a great looking car'...kind of forget that I'm actually driving one myself!

Always attracts attention (mostly positive), though you do get the odd 'drug dealer'/'boy racer' or 'mid-life crises' remarks. Out of that lot I think I find 'boy racer' the most offensive though!

It's great when you're parked next to a Nissan Something-or-other or Renault Whever-they're-called and get people looking at the MR2, even though it only cost a small fraction of the car next to it.

Probably the best reaction I got was the day after I bought it I passed a bunch of kids and heard one of them shouting 'dad, look at the Ferrari!'. Made me laugh
corkmr2
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 213
Yeah, got the people asking if its a Ferrari etc

I posted this up before but it still makes smile inside.

I think it was about 4 or 5 years ago, i had my kitted rev3 turbo t-bar and my neighbour had just bought a 1 year old Laguna. So, the Dad was very proud.

So, his wife was telling us one day that they were trying to get their son to head out somewhere and so, the Dad says "Come on, lets get into the Batmobile". The son brings him out into the front garden and says "that's not the batmobile - that is" (pointing to mine) Even though mine was red ! The Poor Dad's self esteem might have been a bit damaged
Spidey
Administrator
graphgraph

_KUNENA_BBCODE_HIDEIMG
I promise, this is going to be my last mod ....

3S-GTE Power Primer !

Re: comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
Designs like the mr2 are a thing of the past which makes it an ultimate classic todays cars just look square compared to the curves of the 2. Best compliment i got was from a E46 M3 owner but it was on the performance he said he didnt think his car could sit with this thing i went on to say id be lucky to have 220bhp in this thing due to the age of it!
dufunk
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: comments people make about mr2's 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 47
The funniest comment I had shouted at me by a work mate as I was parking it in the staff carpark was "Jasus you`d buy any oul sh1te" . I nearly wet myself with the laughter much to his annoyance .
TurboD
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male turbodawson@gmail.com Location: Celbridge Birthday: 01/29
If your not living on the edge your taking up too much room !

Go to topPage: 1