Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Improved Intake Air Temperature Option
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Improved Intake Air Temperature Option
Improved Intake Air Temperature Option 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 25
On my trawling through IMOC, I came across a thread where someone asked about using a more modern IAT sensor for their 2. Someone had mentioned an RX7 one, but a few talked about success with a late 90s/early 00s Triumph motorbike one. It happened to have the same/very similar values as the OEM MR2 one, but updates 4 times a second as opposed to God knows what on the Toyota lump.

So, Ashley over there is now making up adaptors to match the Triumph sensor to the Toyota IAT thread. He has agreed to furnish them for us Paddys at £10 posted.

I've just ordered one and will pick up a sensor on eBay at the end of the month and get this wired in. For all the details, check out:

www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18...rder=asc&start=0

This seems to be most beneficial to those running aftermarket ECUs, but having a more accurate reading going to the standard ECU is never a bad thing.

Anyway, I've no affiliation with Ashley and I KNOW he can't be making little if any profit from this, just thought I'd spread the love.

<3
SteveH
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Comments? Suggestions? Register above to have your say!

Re: Improved Intake Air Temperature Option 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 137
Coincidentally I read the same thing a few days ago.

It's a cheap upgrade for anyone serious about tuning their MR2.

I'll be getting one when I can get my hands on some of that stuff called money.
Marty J
Addict
graphgraph

Re: Improved Intake Air Temperature Option 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 25
I fitted an RX7 one to my Starlet, running on a Power FC, it didnt make any difference to how it ran because the map was adjusted to suit it. Most mappers wont look at intake temps apart from when they get high, then they allow the car to cool, if you want your mapper to set this up in the map, be prepared to pay extra as it will take a while longer to do.

It is great to see it changing when logged and a 7 degrees C reduction in air intake temp will condense the air enough to give a 1% increase in power if its mapped to do so. Only time I seen it make any difference is when you started injecting the Nitrous, then it dropped right down to about 9 degrees C and power went up, but more due to the laughing gas than the temp.
weeJohn
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1